One of wordpress plugin I found force me to install ioncube loader.
In case you want to know what is ioncube loader, here’s explanation taken from website:
Using ionCube encoded and secured PHP files requires a file called the ionCube Loader to be installed on the web server and made available to PHP. PHP can use the Loader with one line added to a PHP configuration file (php.ini). An automated Installer and Wizard are available to help with install, as well as manual instructions.
Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Site error: the file C:\UniServer\www\amazonminisites.com\wp-content\plugins\seo-blog\core.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll to be installed by the site administrator.
Ok, I’ll install it. For sake of sharing I try to explain it by step 🙂
1. Download latest ioncube loader.
2. Pick x86 for windows, save to my document and extract.
3. Check php version by click phpinfo() .
PHP Version 5.2.13
is my version.
4. Back to extracted folder and choose ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll .
(use 5.3 dll if you use php 5.3)
5. Copy that file to C:\UniServer\usr\local\php\extensions
6. Open php.ini file located in C:\UniServer\usr\local\php
Add this line in the bottom :
zend_extension_ts = C:\UniServer\usr\local\php\extensions\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll
7. Restart Uniform Server
Enjoy the plugins 🙂
P.S : Webhosting Company that I know support ioncube by default is hostgator. If you’re lazy or need to focus on your script without deal with tech things I suggest you to go with them.