Today I move around 20 domain plus its content to new web hosting. Common process that should be accomplished :
On Old hosting account
- Backup database
- Create archive of wordpress files + backup database
- Scp to new web hosting through ssh
On new hosting account
- Extract archive from scp
- Create database, user access to database and add user to newly created database.
- Import sql file (backup database) to new database.
- Edit wp-config.php
- Edit ns record for domain and relax.
As I see on wp-config.php. This file not change from time to time. One of wp-config.php I see from old domain (registered on 2003) :
See that. No salt and no other option as I used to see on new install of wordpress. This file should be change to newest version. Simple way to do that is copy wp-config.php from newest installation and edit its content (specially credentials section). This word add more power and refresh the blog. I should add it to my to list from now on.